What Is IP Address ?
How to Setting IP Address In Windows – An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device (e.g., computer, printer, etc) participating in a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two principal functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing. Its role has been characterized as follows: “A name indicates what we seek. An address indicates where it is. A route indicates how to get there.
Tutorial Step by Step How to Setting IP Address In Windows 7
In this tutorial I will try to explain how to setting IP address on Windows 7
- First, go to button Windows Start then choose and click “Control Panel”
- And will show like this picture, :
For easy setting, sett View by : Large icons and then click “Network and Sharing Center”
- After that, will show like this picture :
In left menu, please click “Change adapter setting”
- Will show like this picture :
And then, right-click on the computer icon——>>and click Properties
- And the result will appear as follows :
Next, click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) ——>>And then click Properties
- So, will display the form to fill in IP Address :
Please tick “Use the following IP address” And then input:
IP Address/Default Gateway/Preferred DNS Server/Alternate DNS Server That you get from your ISP
- After that, please press the OK button to finish
- Congratulations, at this point you have successfully set up the IP address on your computer, then please test by pinging IP Gateway and IP DNS and then testing to access web via your browser.
- If you have any problems for the Internet connection, please contact the ISP you use